INDIANA FISHING REPORTS

Indiana: Fishing in Indiana with Tim McDaniel! Indiana Fishing Reports... Fishing for Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Crappie and Freshwater Stripers.

Moderators: Bob Fisher, twmcdaniel

Bob Fisher
Administrator

INDIANA FISHING REPORTS

Post by Bob Fisher » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:13 pm

Tim,

1) How's the weather out there?
2) How much longer before the bite starts and this years photos start rolling in?

Bob
Last edited by Bob Fisher on Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

twmcdaniel

Indiana Weather & Fishing

Post by twmcdaniel » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:35 pm

Weather here was pretty nice last weekend (up to the 60's) but the mother-in-law flew in on Friday so it was a weekend spent looking at houses and driving around Bloomington and then Nashville, Indiana spending time in the gift shops there.

Unfortunately, the weather has turned bad again, it's currently snowing and we have about 4 inches on the ground and it's still coming down. Won't be much fishing happening for a little while as I just haven't gotten into the ice-fishing habit.

Current temperature is a balmy 16 degrees! Supposed to slowly warm back up to a high in the low 40's by the weekend. Sure wish I was in Florida fishing the mangroves for Snook and Red's right now!!

Bob Fisher
Administrator

When are you going fishing again Timmy?

Post by Bob Fisher » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:04 pm

When are you going fishing again Timmy?
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

twmcdaniel

Fishing???

Post by twmcdaniel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:10 pm

God only knows when I'll go fishing again here in Indiana. Storms blew in and we have snow and cold temps.

I'm driving from Indianapolis to Rochester this weekend, right through a bunch of storms along the great lakes. If you don't hear from me anymore, I'm dead in a snow bank some place.

Plan to head to Florida for the week of 3/17 so hopefully I'll get a chance to do a little fishing there.

Bob Fisher
Administrator

DAILY PICS

Post by Bob Fisher » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:25 pm

Hmmm... you could get me a couple of pics of the snow storms along your way for the 'Picture This' forum... :wink:

Back to Forida again??? You must get a lot of vacation!!!
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

twmcdaniel

Pics

Post by twmcdaniel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:58 pm

I'll try to get some pics along the way to NY...

I don't get enough vacation for the amount of time I spend in front of this damn computer. I work like two people here but only get the vacation of one :evil:

Hope you're tick-attack is getting better as well as the hernia.

Bob Fisher
Administrator

CRAZY WEATHER PATTERNS

Post by Bob Fisher » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:40 pm

Timmy wrote:God only knows when I'll go fishing again here in Indiana. Storms blew in and we have snow and cold temps.
Hey Tim... you made the above comment in March of this year and now in June there is severe flooding... crazy weather patterns over there eh!!!

How will the heavy rains and flooding etc affect the lakes and subsequently the fishing??? I'm guessing you will have to wait till it all clears up. If the lake levels rose there may be some extra cover for the bass?

p.s. we have had a drought declared here in California.
I'll post a couple of pics of the Napa River (behind Copia) - you will be amazed... remember when we use to race down there in our lunch break and lure fish for stripers!

p.p.s.
I'm concerned about the fire season here this year... it is very hot and dry
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

twmcdaniel

High water produces some nice largemouth bass

Post by twmcdaniel » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:42 pm

Since the boating weekend was called off due to flooding in the area, I decided to get up early on Sunday morning and go down to the local retention ponds. The water level has risen substantially and the fish were enjoying the new found cover and food source.

I am attaching a few shots - not the best as I was my own photographer this morning and I did not have a tripod for the shots.

If you look closely you can see the vegetation around the edges of the ponds where the bass were hiding just waiting to attack whatever happened to swim by them.
Attachments
IMG_3234.jpg
A shot down the shoreline to show the new cover that just a couple of days ago was more than a foot out of the water.
IMG_3234.jpg (72.54 KiB) Viewed 6875 times
IMG_3232.jpg
This bass inhaled the 4 inch bungee worm, hooked weedless, as I pulled it through the new cover along the shoreline. Many others fell victim to this same approach.
IMG_3232.jpg (84.43 KiB) Viewed 6875 times
IMG_3226.jpg
Another little fatty pulled from the cover.
IMG_3226.jpg (65.66 KiB) Viewed 6875 times
IMG_3225.jpg
A very aggressive, chunky largemouth attacked this buzz bait as it was slowly pulled through the brush. Several others were fell victim to this buzz bait also.
IMG_3225.jpg (68.48 KiB) Viewed 6875 times
IMG_3229.jpg
High water due to the recent rains gives the bass some nice new ambush spots
IMG_3229.jpg (74.71 KiB) Viewed 6875 times

Bob Fisher
Administrator

Indiana Fishing Reports - Bass in the Ponds

Post by Bob Fisher » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:47 pm

Little Timmy wrote:Since the boating weekend was called off due to flooding in the area, I decided to get up early on Sunday morning and go down to the local retention ponds. The water level has risen substantially and the fish were enjoying the new found cover and food source.
Great stuff... and this is walking distance from your house?

Looks like a beautiful, still, clear morning... amazing after all of that rain!
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

twmcdaniel

Post by twmcdaniel » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:12 pm

Yes, these ponds are very close to my house - you can probably see them on google maps if you do a view from the sky. I'd like to get a photograper to go out with me to get some good stills and video of the explosive action on the buzz baits.

Return to “FISHING IN INDIANA”