Lunch Break at the Retention Pond

Indiana: Fishing in Indiana with Tim McDaniel! Indiana Fishing Reports... Fishing for Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Crappie and Freshwater Stripers.

Moderators: Bob Fisher, twmcdaniel

twmcdaniel

Lunch Break at the Retention Pond

Post by twmcdaniel » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:32 am

Took a quick break today at lunch and ran over to one of the retention ponds near my house. I go there quite often for some quick casts to see what is biting. I've caught many, many large mouth bass, a few blue gill, and a single white crappie.

The weather changed overnight to a high of only the mid 50's and very overcast. It rained most of the night but I thought I'd cast a 1/2 ounce Rat'L'Trap to see if I could entice anything into biting.

Caught a nice 1 1/2 pounder who stopped my retrieve flat with a very hard strike. A few days ago I went out in the evening and hooked into half a dozen nice sized largemouth bass (the biggest was about 3.5 pounds) that night was using a a 7 1/2 inch brown & gold plastic worm.

Plan to go somewhere this coming weekend and cast a line in another attempt to lure in the big ones. Will keep you posted of any success and this time I'll have to remember to take my camera...

I'd attach a photo but with a 50K size limitation I can't seem to shrink it down enough with any quality at all, maybe next time.
Attachments
LargeMouth_Bass-01.jpg
Tim at a 'Retention Pond' in Indiana can be seen pushing back the crowd as he attemps a stunt where he drinks a pint of beer from a LargeMouth Bass. Bob Fisher
LargeMouth_Bass-01.jpg (38.49 KiB) Viewed 3424 times

Return to “FISHING IN INDIANA”