San Francisco Fishing Charters - Flash Fishing Report Dec 17

San Francisco Bay Area Anglers, Guides, Fishing Charter Captains, Bait and Tackle Stores: Post your San Francisco Bay Area fishing reports and fishing photos here! Albacore, Halibut, Sturgeon and Stripers!

Moderator: Bob Fisher

Bob Fisher
Administrator

San Francisco Fishing Charters - Flash Fishing Report Dec 17

Post by Bob Fisher » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:16 am

Just finished 2 trips. Their was a good bite in the middle of the week in the Cut areas and in San Pablo area ( per Kieth Fraiser) but as the week went on the bite dropped off. I started on Friday and went up to little Cut. I saw more fish than I have seen in a long time. We fished the outgo and the income in that area with only shakers and line rubs. I know of 5 keeper fish landed for about 10 boats.We left the dock yesterday at noon to start on the outgo.I got the word that there was a ton of boats in the Cut area and no keepers landed yet. So I decided to head to Montazuma. I found a whole with a good stack of fish, not like the Cut but a very good amount of fish. During the outgo we missed a few bites and one keeper was landed by a first time sturgeon fisherman. We were in 40 feet of water and the fish took eel and grass. At the end of the tide we moved to an area west of buoy 9 in 30 feet of water and found a lot of sturgeon and bass. More than I have seen in a couple of years. We fished it till about 10:30 pm. Some of the crew was frozen. A friend of mine was anchored next to us and as we were leaving he lost a 20+ pound bass 3 feet from the net. I also had a radio call about 9:00 pm. A private boater was just inside Montazuma and released an 80 inch fish. Water temps are running 51 to about 52.5 degrees. The good news is our Suisun system has a ton of fish in it, More than I have seen in a long time. The bad news is the bite is a little slow right now. But I think if you fish the deeper water and stick it out there is a good chance to bag one. And you might be there when they go back on a good bite. That’s my plan! I will be back out tomorrow at 1:00pm with a crew that can take the cold and last both tides. I hope! I will be heading back to the deep water.

Capt. Steve Talmadge

www.flashfishing.net
Attachments
sturgeon.jpg
Flash Fishing Sturgeon
sturgeon.jpg (98.61 KiB) Viewed 2626 times
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

Return to “SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA FISHING REPORTS”