Suzuki LJ50V 4WD 1976 - PHOTOS AT REEF BEACH 1970'S

We welcome your 4WD/Tow Vehicle Photos, Reports, Success or Horror Stories.

Moderator: Bob Fisher

Bob Fisher
Administrator

Suzuki LJ50V 4WD 1976 - PHOTOS AT REEF BEACH 1970'S

Post by Bob Fisher » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:10 pm

SUZUKI LJ50V 1976 PHOTOS

Reef Beach, Western Australia

I spent hours scanning in these faded old prints and then optimizing them in Photoshop to restore the color and the contrast closer to what they were like when originally taken. But in my humble opinion it was well worth it because they are truly classic. Having said that, in retrospect I guess that if you had never been in the club, never been on an OSAC Field Day and last but not least never been to Reef Beach then you wouldn't understand. It is totally objective...

Reef Beach was an extremely remote place in those days and truly an incredible place to fish. The Offshore Angling club had a lease on the land and had been making a pilgrimige down there since the 1960's. In those early days they had a farm tractor with a flatbed trailer to cart the anglers along the beach...

Anyway, my photos are from the seventies and they scanned in really well given their condition and so now they are a snapshot in time! :D

The photos were taken by me in the 1970's during an Offshore Angling Club Field Day. We had travelled down from Perth in the little Suzuki LJ50V 4WD 1976. It was a slow and painful journey in the three cylinder two stroke... I'm sure that there were other Suzukis there but I only got photos of one other one and I'm pretty sure that it was Ammo's brother. I can't remember his name anymore. I had the hard top, he had the soft top version. Rusty will know his name and he can confirm with Ammo if his brother had a little soft top suzy... :?

There are 11 photos in this particular gallery but I've now come to realize that they must be from two separate trips because both Peter Offer and Lincoln Reay are in them... I am also wondering whether Linc has any photos of this trip? :roll: :roll: :roll:
(you can reply to me here Linc, don't be shy :twisted: - you'll get use to this forum thingo with practice :wink: )

You can check out the Reef Beach gallery by clicking on the link below:

Suzuki LJ50V 4WD 1976 (11) Photos
http://www.sportfishworld.com/Fishing_P ... umID=00072

And here is a link to a gallery containing another (23) great photos:

Various Suzuki LJ50V 4WD 1976 - (23) Photos
http://www.sportfishworld.com/Fishing_P ... umID=00073

All content Copyright SportfishWorld
Attachments
suzuki-reef-beach-photo.jpg
Here is a sample from the Suzuki LJ50V Reef Beach Gallery. Bob Fisher photo circa 1970's SportfishWorld Copyright
suzuki-reef-beach-photo.jpg (60.67 KiB) Viewed 3737 times
Last edited by Bob Fisher on Thu May 15, 2008 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

Linc

Suzuki 4wd Reef beach

Post by Linc » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:26 am

Yeh I do have some phots of Reef Beach & the Suzuki, camping somewhere with someone who had a Subaru(I think these had just come out), the Valiant wagon with trailer and a slime green V dub beatle that looks like it was travelling across a beach, but you had just driven up a sand dune & I had changed the angle of the shot so it looks like the horizon.

But youll have to wait till i get the scanner

Cheers
Linc

Tell me if this works.
"To be a Rock and not to Roll"

Bob Fisher
Administrator

Four Wheel Drive and V-DUB Photos

Post by Bob Fisher » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:46 am

Yeah mate, your post was good and it works... I think you have got the hang of it now!

You still have the pic of that first VW of mine (totally stock with skinny tyres)??? That was the time when I tried to bore up a really steep sand hill/sand track down near White Hills south of Mandurah!!!

Can't wait to see it again!!!

:D :D :D
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

Return to “FOUR WHEEL DRIVES, TOW VEHICLES & OFFROAD VEHICLES”