2006 PHGFC Blue Water Classic

Western Australia-Pilbara Region: Official forum for the Port Hedland Game Fishing Club.

Moderator: Leith Larham

Mullaking

2006 PHGFC Blue Water Classic

Post by Mullaking » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:51 am

Congratulations to the committee for organising a fantastic fishing comp. What better way to excersize your fishing prowess than to pip yourself against other fishing fanatics and win fantastic prizes for your efforts. The sponsors came good with some awesome prizes including quality rods and reels, fishing tackle, tools, power tools and even an Engel fridge. You didnt even have to catch fish to win. Loads of door prizes which also included rods, reels etc were given away. The catering was delicious and the beer was cheap.
But the best part was we all got to spend three days doing what we all should be allowed to do for a living. FISHING!!! :lol:
I saw reds, trout, cod, mackies, barracuda, mulloway, salmon, mudcrabs, bream, queenies and to everyones delight two sailfish. :shock: Awesome.
Oh well enough of my crap keep an eye on the site for the official comp winning list and some great pics.

Shane

Mullaking

Post by Mullaking » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:00 pm

PS I fished landbased this year and was rewarded with a taste some of the best Port Hedlands shore based fishing has to offer. (There is better).
What was my secret.

Check it out......my secret weapon revealed :P
Attachments
Secret Weapon.JPG
Secret Weapon.JPG (67.76 KiB) Viewed 4582 times

Leith Larham
Forum MODERATOR PHGFC Port Hedland

Post by Leith Larham » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:56 pm

Hello Shane,

well done on winning the land based division.

Regards Leith
Quality not Quantity!

Mullaking

Post by Mullaking » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:05 pm

Cheers Leithl,
I wasnt going to blow my own trumpet but now that you have mentioned it..... :twisted:
Seriously though it was alot of fun but next year its time to take on the boats.
Congrats on your sailies too. I can only dream of the day when I land one of those beasties. We will have to see what the year brings.

Jay Burgess

Post by Jay Burgess » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:53 pm

Good to hear it went well guys, hangin out for the pics :P

Mullaking

Post by Mullaking » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:28 pm

People seem a little reluctant to post their pics but hopefully there will be a few forthcoming. I personnally didnt get any pics of my fish cos I was on my own in the comp but a few people have promised they intend to put some pics up.

Return to “PORT HEDLAND GAME FISHING CLUB, PILBARA, WESTERN AUSTRALIA”