Our Cars Back Then - Photos Bob's 1974 HQ Kingswood Sedan

Photos of Motor Racing and Motor Vehicles in Australia. Circuit Racing, Drag Racing, Production Cars, Muscle Cars, Sports Cars, Everyday Street Cars

Moderators: Bob Fisher, rusty

Bob Fisher
Administrator

Our Cars Back Then - Photos Bob's 1974 HQ Kingswood Sedan

Post by Bob Fisher » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:03 pm

Photos of Our Cars Back Then!!!

8) 8) 8)

Photo of Bob's 1974 Holden HQ Kingswood Sedan with a mighty 202 CI 6 Cylinder Cast Iron Motor
(3.3 litres for you young fellas).

Fact Sheet:
Piston Configuration - straight six, inline six
Horse Power - limited
Transmission - 3 Speed Trimatic

p.s. if you want to post your own pics... start your own topic!!!

:wink: :wink: :wink:
Attachments
Bobs-HQ-Holden.jpg
Photo of Bob's 1974 Holden HQ Kingswood Sedan with a mighty 202 CI 6 Cylinder. Bob Fisher SportfishWorld Photo (taken at Lynwood, near Perth Western Australia)
Bobs-HQ-Holden.jpg (51.09 KiB) Viewed 4076 times
Bobs-HQ-Holden-02B.jpg
Bob's Holden HQ Kingswood sedan in the old days at Quobba Station near Cape Cuvier, in the North West of Western Australia. Note the custom rod racks...
Bobs-HQ-Holden-02B.jpg (36.58 KiB) Viewed 4061 times
Bobs-HQ-Holden-03B.jpg
Photo of Bob's 1974 Holden HQ Kingswood Sedan coming up the track from Camp Rock at Cape Cuvier, in the North West of Western Australia. Bob Fisher, SportfishWorld Photo.
Bobs-HQ-Holden-03B.jpg (56.16 KiB) Viewed 4060 times
Bobs-HQ-Holden-05B.jpg
Bob's Holden HQ Kingswood sedan in the old days at Quobba Station near Cape Cuvier, in the North West of Western Australia.
Bobs-HQ-Holden-05B.jpg (23.5 KiB) Viewed 4055 times
Bobs-HQ-Holden-06B.jpg
Bob's Holden HQ Kingswood sedan with a broken windscreen on the gravel in the old days at Quobba Station near Cape Cuvier, in the North West of Western Australia.
Bobs-HQ-Holden-06B.jpg (26.46 KiB) Viewed 4054 times
Bobs-HQ-Holden-04B.jpg
Bob's Holden HQ Kingswood. Camping/Fishing down on the South Coast of Western Australia with Don Schmidt, Mike Harper and Rose Harper.
Bobs-HQ-Holden-04B.jpg (38.36 KiB) Viewed 4049 times
Last edited by Bob Fisher on Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

rusty
Forum MODERATOR Fishing in Esperance

our old cars

Post by rusty » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:27 am

Well Bob i guess i will have to dig out the pics and scan them of the old Monaro which i sure is somewhere filed away aye :oops:

Bob Fisher
Administrator

RUSTY'S MONARO

Post by Bob Fisher » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:14 am

G'Day Russ,

Your Monaro...

You talking about a 253 4 speed with T/A's?

Cheers

p.s. that Cuvier trip (below) where I had the HQ... you had a HT then... right?
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

rusty
Forum MODERATOR Fishing in Esperance

cars of the day

Post by rusty » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:11 pm

You are right bob it was a ht with the mighty 161 cu six major power for its day aye, almost as gutsy as a 202. brown in colour.
The munro was hq 2 door with a 4 speed box and 253, i fitted a crane cam and edelbrock manifold and 450 holley 4 barrell carb, extractors as well also had radial t/as and chrome rims, was a nice little bus aye.
quickest car i owned was nissan skyline with a rb 25 turboed six, sold it 3 years back as i did not need to go that fast any more, i did a 12.57 qtr at the motorplex one wed night, every wed night you can take your car to the plex and give it a run.
sue's brother arne is the speed freak now he has subaroo wrx with a lot of mods it runs in super street and i think his quickest pass is in the 11s, also kimbo has his one tonner with a 400 cu small block he has gone all freaky with it and has probably spent in the region of 100k on a bloody one tonner for low 10s. nuts aye!!!!!!!!!!!!! 750 hp.

Return to “MOTOR SPORTS, MOTOR RACING AND MOTOR VEHICLES IN AUSTRALIA”