Pup's fishing mission

Fishing the Esperance region in the south eastern corner of Western Australia. Latest Beach Fishing and Boat Fishing reports from local correspondent Russell Stone. Bream, Mulloway, Snapper, Salmon, Groper...

Moderator: rusty

Pup

Pup's fishing mission

Post by Pup » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:47 am

Hey everyone,

Just a couple of pics from the weekend, didnt get many as my phone went flat and never took a camera! Will get more next trip now i have found a couple of fishing spots. Most of our fish were caught around figure 8 and boxer island.

Cheers,

Pup.
Attachments
Rowks having a ball.jpg
Me mate Rowks
Rowks having a ball.jpg (138.02 KiB) Viewed 6946 times
Dads little sambo.jpg
Dad with a little sambo
Dads little sambo.jpg (170.7 KiB) Viewed 6946 times
pup's queenie.jpg
Me with a queenie
pup's queenie.jpg (143.99 KiB) Viewed 6946 times

Bob Fisher
Administrator

ESPERANCE FISHING REPORTS FROM PUP

Post by Bob Fisher » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:07 pm

ESPERANCE FISHING REPORT FROM PUP

Hey Pup,

Good to see you on board!

:D :D :D

Great shots for a cell phone!

:o :o :o

However, Fishmaster is 'old school' - he thinks that Cell Phones are for making telephone calls and Cameras are for taking for photographs... :wink:
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

Pup

Post by Pup » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:58 pm

hahaha..... i agree mate, but me phone has a 5 megapixel camera and is easy to use, where as me camera is only a 4 megapixel. Plus i can send me mates pics of fish as soon as i catch them while there at work!!! :lol:

Steve Ward
Master Angler Ranking

Post by Steve Ward » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:13 am

Hi pup
Looks like you had a good weekend out and you got onto a few fish, there is miles of country around the islands, the trouble now is it gets harder to go west as the sea breezes start in a month or so,
Seemed to be the weekend for flat batterys in camera , was talking with Russ and he had the same problem
the camera on the phone is the way to go. i do the same nothing beter than sending some one a picture of a realy good fish mid week when they are at work.luckily i cannot recieve photos via my phone over here other wise Russ would be giving it to me
Wardie

Pup

Post by Pup » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:51 pm

Hey Wardie,

Yeah had a ball on the weekend, good fun when you actually catch something! Going to head out Sunday and give it a go out past Woodie Island as i haven't been out that way at all yet. Weather is looking ok for Sunday at this stage, so hopefully it holds out.

Steve Ward
Master Angler Ranking

Post by Steve Ward » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:19 am

Hi pup
There is heaps of ground out the back of woodie, most of it is on the charts as a starting point.
The big sambo's will start coming in soon as well . they are also good for a good arm stretching.your dad will love them
The best way to tackle them is to anchor up by a island and berly them up. and using live herring or slimy mackeral as bait. live squid are realy good, they dont mind wrasse either.
If you anchor up out in the weed off a island you get the bonus of catching lots of squid at the same time
The down side is you usual atract a few stingrays
Attachments
Observatory 006.JPG
Observatory 006.JPG (75.4 KiB) Viewed 6906 times
Boat fishing 004.jpg
Boat fishing 004.jpg (53.34 KiB) Viewed 6906 times

barra_on_fly
Forum MODERATOR Fishing W.A. & Australia

Post by barra_on_fly » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:21 am

There's some good fish everyone! 8)
Love to catch a Sambo... :wink:

Return to “FISHING IN ESPERANCE, WESTERN AUSTRALIA”