Got the boat out and caught a feed!!!

Fishing the Esperance region in the south eastern corner of Western Australia. Latest Beach Fishing and Boat Fishing reports from local correspondent Russell Stone. Bream, Mulloway, Snapper, Salmon, Groper...

Moderator: rusty

Pup

Got the boat out and caught a feed!!!

Post by Pup » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:08 am

I had a day off due to the long weekend and my mate Rowks and I got out in the tuppaware tinnie for a few hours and ended up bagging out on nanny's and swallowtail, got 3 nice black arse a couple of queenies and threw a few back, and 3 big sweep. A good day in all as we were only out there for a couple of hours as me mate's Mrs had lined him up some jobs!!! :(
Attachments
Just a few of the days catch.jpg
Just a few of the days catch.jpg (99.14 KiB) Viewed 6530 times
Good day by my standards.jpg
Good day by my standards.jpg (133.22 KiB) Viewed 6529 times
Couple of nice nanny's.jpg
Couple of nice nanny's.jpg (159.09 KiB) Viewed 6528 times

Steve Ward
Master Angler Ranking

Post by Steve Ward » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:43 pm

Hi Pup
Good to see you got out and got a feed.
things have been quite on the web for a while, have been checking the weather and looks like it has been pretty cr*ppy lately
I am out of here saturday morning and back in esperance on monday for some serious fishing for a month,( realy looking forward to the 2 days on the plane)
Rusty and i are planning a trip to pt malcom which will be fun
hopefully will catch up at the boat ramp.
Wardie

Pup

Post by Pup » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:04 pm

G'day Wardie,

Yeah mate weather has been shit house of late, finally got a half decent day on Monday so we headed out to the 8. Was still a bit swirly in the morning, but came out ok.

Bet your glad to be heading home, i dont know how you do it mate? 2 days on a plane wont be to bad after 5 weeks at work, 2 day flight back would be worse!!!

Pt Malcom sounds good, Im heading to Isralite bay with a mate this weekend, i've only been there twice and havn't really done that well but fingers crossed we catch a few this time. We've had a bit of rain of late so i just hope the tracks ok.

Yeah if weathers all good no doubt i'll see you on the water or at the ramp for a chat. By the look of all the photo's you blokes have i should be following you's about everywhere!!!! haha...

Steve Ward
Master Angler Ranking

Post by Steve Ward » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:44 am

Hi Pup
Are you taking a tinny to isrelite.is the time of the year for the Kg's
If you are beach fishing it can be a bit early, but i got into the snapper at the end of october there last year. it is my favorite place to go beach fishing , is so much scope there.
The track is never a problem, dosnt matter how much rain it has had, just have to make sure you stay on the track and you take the side tracks around the deep holes, i have come out of there after a tail end of a cyclone up north a few years ago and we had had 8 inches of rain, was a mission but still got out.
Wardie

Pup

Post by Pup » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:31 am

Hey Wardie,

Yeah my mates taking a 12 foot roof topper so we're hoping to get into the KG's, not exactly sure where to fish for them but i guess any sandy/weedy flat would be ok? I was thinking of the beach before you go over the sand dune to the back beach?

We're hoping to be able to run some shark baits out with the tinnie aswell, but i guess we'll have to see how that goes. Should be a good trip in any case, just guna be fishing 24/7.

Not much about for beach fishing this time of year out there? Is the back beach toward Pt Malcom the best for beach fishing?

Cheers, Pup.

Steve Ward
Master Angler Ranking

Post by Steve Ward » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:23 am

Hi Pup
you are onto it, the main bay is the spot for the Kg,s out by the reef in the middle of the bay you can get onto the snapper as well.
they should be around.Just watch out for the pointer hehehe , there has bee one hanging aound over the las t couple of years, isnt a bad size either, they usualy come in when the whales are around so should be gone by now
The beach towards malcom is the spot for beach fishing, as long as the swell is down. if the swell gets up the gutters close out and the weed moves in
you dont need much of a gutter there either . if it is blowing easterlies then the point on the way over is the spot, there is a spot you can drive down to on the rocks on the western side, have been spooled there a couple of times by big bronzies
Wardie

Pup

Post by Pup » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:43 am

Hey Wardie,

Cheers for the info mate. I've heard a few stories about pointers out there, i know a bloke who had one take a bit of interest in his 12 foot tinnie :shock: Dont think we will be venturing very far from sure. Hopefully i'll have some photo's to put up.

Cheers, Pup.

rusty
Forum MODERATOR Fishing in Esperance

white pointers

Post by rusty » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:32 am

Good to see you got onto some class bottom swellers pup, and as Stevo says watch the pointers, very good mate of mine had one around his boat on sunday just past out in the bay whilst squiding, he has a 15' poli centre console and him and his deckie were nearly knocked off there feet as the bitey kept scratching is self on the underside of there boat, he swears it was all of 6m long as it was a good metre longer that his boat.
I have had 2 encounters with them at isralite bay at this time of the year as like steve says there's lots of young whales about so be careful :lol: :lol: :lol:
We are hoping to get out there ourselves real soon as the shore and small boat fishing is superb.
Attachments
image_1.jpg
especially dont go swiming out there aye
image_1.jpg (88.78 KiB) Viewed 8716 times
I live with fear sometimes she lets me go fishing!!!!!!!!

Pup

Post by Pup » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:36 am

G'day Rusty,

Shit!!! Which bay was you talking about that your mate had a run in with one? Isralite im guessing?

Im definately not venturing out far from shore with those things around, not in a 12 foot tinnie anyway!!! Was that photo from isralite? It's a great shot.

Hopefully we can get a few KG's out there and just beach fish of a night, should be good fun. We'll have plenty of beer in case the fish aren't bitting anyway.

Cheers, Pup.

rusty
Forum MODERATOR Fishing in Esperance

which bay!!!!

Post by rusty » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:58 am

Why Pup Esperance bay of course over just near the breakwater
across from the main town boat ramp, also iff you want to hear a good storey go talk to adam at esperance ag services they got chased out of the water at isralite, they were in a littel 10 footer and the bitey grabbed the outboard, iff you know adam he is quite a large fellow and his 2 mates all crapped as this thing wated to eat them and the baot :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gotta admit though there are a lot more whites here than most people know about aye, i ahve aslo had a bad experience last year at the duke!
I live with fear sometimes she lets me go fishing!!!!!!!!

Return to “FISHING IN ESPERANCE, WESTERN AUSTRALIA”