Dog tooth Tuna

Fishing the Esperance region in the south eastern corner of Western Australia. Latest Beach Fishing and Boat Fishing reports from local correspondent Russell Stone. Bream, Mulloway, Snapper, Salmon, Groper...

Moderator: rusty

Steve Ward
Master Angler Ranking

Post by Steve Ward » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:37 am

HI barra
it was caught trolling a dead bait 6Kg yellow fin tuna

Woody
the williamson jet heads are supposed to be the go, i am going after them with Xraps, jet heads , shallow diving lures and will troll a 8" pakula skirted lure for a start will use my out riggers and teasers that i take up north as well for a start and see what works then go from there. Have to find them first tho!!!!!

Pup

Post by Pup » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:42 pm

Hey woody, we caught all them southern blue fin in Pt Lincoln using skirts, a couple of lads caught them on shallow divers. My mate sent me a DVD he made of that trip, i'll give it to ya when you get to Espy. I never thought about having a go at tuna here, didnt think they were in that close, but now im getting thoughts of having a crack at it. They are awesome fun.

woody

Post by woody » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:01 am

Gday Pup, yeah theres gotta be tuna out there somewhere mate, we share the same water as lincoln...and we have the same big great whites too!! Maybe all the islands put them off a bit, who knows. You guys should troll some lures and skirts on your way out to your bottom fishing grounds.

Seeya down there.

Woody

Ryan Trewin

Post by Ryan Trewin » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:04 am

does anyone know what tackle was used to subdue that doggie?
15kg, 24kg or 37kg?

Steve Ward
Master Angler Ranking

Post by Steve Ward » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:19 pm

Was on 37Kg gear, Our MGM is going out there in the next couple of days for another crack at them so will be interesting to see how they go

Return to “FISHING IN ESPERANCE, WESTERN AUSTRALIA”