Located in Shoal Bay near Darwin, The Rock can turn on some of the best barra fishing there is. It can also be the most frustrating place you could throw a lure. Sometimes called "The Rock of a 1000 Casts"!
It can be fished day or night, but you are virtually trapped there for a tide cycle as Shoal Bay is very shallow on the low. You can get out of the boat and fish or fish some of the holes around it. Good Black Jewfish turn up there as well.
Fishing in the Northern Territory. The Daly River, the Adelaide River, The South Alligator River, The NT Barramundi Classic.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Forum MODERATOR Fishing W.A. & Australia
- Posts: 1055
- Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:42 pm
- Location: Just outta BrisVegas
- Ibbsy boat night
- IMG_1233.JPG (53.19 KiB) Viewed 5695 times
- Best fished at night.
- IMG_1230.JPG (32.12 KiB) Viewed 5695 times
- Yes it is a different fish...
- DSC02021.JPG (62.05 KiB) Viewed 5695 times
- Ibbsy barra =-The Rock
- DSC02017.JPG (73.71 KiB) Viewed 5695 times