2008 NT Barramundi Classic

Fishing in the Northern Territory. The Daly River, the Adelaide River, The South Alligator River, The NT Barramundi Classic.

Moderator: barra_on_fly

barra_on_fly
Forum MODERATOR Fishing W.A. & Australia

2008 NT Barramundi Classic

Post by barra_on_fly » Tue May 20, 2008 10:45 am

Due to reasons out of my control I had to suddenly fly to Adelaide 5 days out from the Classic. My team however did exceptionally well considering and came in a very creditable 15th out of 45.
They came 4th out of the visiting team section as they where "transferred" over from the mixed section as I was not present...
Watch this space for more details. :arrow:

barra_on_fly

Post by barra_on_fly » Thu May 22, 2008 3:05 am

OK heres the link to DGFC's Barra Classic page;

http://www.darwingamefishingclub.com.au/news/?cat=5

Pilbara names to look for are;
Fire Fin- (my team!) Damien Bode and Jay Wheelock
Pilbarians- (Cotty's team) Mark Cottrell, Ben Robinson and Justin Neil who took out Runner Up Champion Team - Visitors.

Well done guys!

I well post a full list of results when I get them :wink:

I, of course, know half the field but these guys are most relevant to this forum! :roll:

barra_on_fly

Post by barra_on_fly » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:41 am

Well this years Classic was a non-event for me, having to fly to Adelaide suddenly just prior to the start, however the boys still managed a creditable effort with a depleted Team Fire Fin still cracking the top 15 teams with 2185 points.
Damien had a cracker year finishing 7th overall in the individual angler, landing a 97cm (attached pic) and getting 1445 points.
Jay also did well, coming in the top 50 (46th) with 740 points, leaving us wondering what "could have been" if all three of us had of fished!
The guys used mainly 125's and Poltergeists, but I believe a Laser Pro or 2 may have had a swim.....
I was hoping to add more pics but an unfortunate accident involving liquid and a camera prevented this.... Damien was lucky to get this shot from another competitor! Damien has however captured allot on DVD so we may have some images top come!

Return to “FISHING IN THE NORTHERN TERRITORY”