Havnt been out

Fishing in Queensland with Banana Barra!

Moderator: barra_on_fly

M2K

Havnt been out

Post by M2K » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:56 am

Well it has been a good couple months (way too long) since I've been fishing, and I'm heading up to Cape Hilsborogh camping for the long weekend this weekend. Also had reports that there have been some good fishing.

Here is some photos of the area
This is wedge Island (the one I'll be fishing off from 1430 - 1800)

Note the deeper drop offs and reedy looking areas on the outside of the Island and just out of the bay

Here I've marked the areas the good fish should be at (and arrowed the way I'll be casting)

Here's an overview of the place

Sweetlip have been taken of the beach in the bay in the holes on lures and live bait, some massive flathead around, Jewfish been taken alot at night (keen to get my first if I'm lucky) and a couple hours before low tide I'll walk across the bay (10min walk at most) with my big 13' Surf Rod and fish of the rocks in the ocean andhope for some Mackerel, Cod, Trevally, Salmon and other reef fish that are around

Already rigged up 7 rods. There are 2 Surf Rod I'm gonna put some live bait on and cast off into the ocean on Wedge Island, then flick some lures around and hope for some Sweetlip or Flathead.

I'm out for 3 days so photos will be a while

Mitch
you know: it takes 50 muscles to smile but only a couple to punch, so insted of smiling at sum1 just punch them

Leith Larham
Forum MODERATOR PHGFC Port Hedland

Post by Leith Larham » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:40 am

Good luck Mitch,

with all that preparation you should be do really well. Man that country looks fishy.

Cheers Leith
Quality not Quantity!

M2K

Post by M2K » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:38 am

well I did no good but got some sceneary shots, just waiting on the phone to re-charge before I upload them
you know: it takes 50 muscles to smile but only a couple to punch, so insted of smiling at sum1 just punch them

barra_on_fly
Forum MODERATOR Fishing W.A. & Australia

Post by barra_on_fly » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:55 pm

Pics or Liez Mitch!
:wink:

Return to “FISHING IN QUEENSLAND”