Join up today.

Western Australia-Pilbara Region: Fishing reports from Port Hedland, general discussion on fishing and boating in the incredible Northwest of Western Australia. Fishing for Sailfish, Mulloway, Barramundi, Trevally, Queenfish, Barracuda and more.

Moderator: Bob Fisher

Mullaking

Join up today.

Post by Mullaking » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:48 pm

Hello

My name is Shane and I am the moderator of this forum.
We mainly deal with fishing here but we are interested in hearing any thing you have to say about anything.
As you can see this forum is quite new but if you join up and start posting soon we will have a good member base with lots of interesting things posted.
If you are in the North West we are especially interested in your membership and would love to hear about you and your adventures whether they be fishing or otherwise.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you can join us soon.
:D :D :D
Shane

Bob Fisher
Administrator

An offer you can't refuse!

Post by Bob Fisher » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:15 pm

Join this forum and take up Shane and Sean's offers to point you in the right direction to "Fishing in Port Hedland"

Other fishos in the Pilbara region are welcome to join in too!

Just register and create your own topic! :P :P :P

We are also looking for other correspondents in the Northwest - contact Shane for more information at

Captain Bob

8)
Last edited by Bob Fisher on Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiro

time of venture

Post by kiro » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:53 am

Hi all,

This is Tam, went on a wee venture last night and all that was biting was some gummies and reef sharks (babies) I caught a few black jew two weeks ago down spoil bank. Usually leave to fish two hours befor high tide, in your fishing opinion when is the best time for all you lot to go if you were land anglers like us. untill i hear back tight lines....

Mullaking

Post by Mullaking » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:51 am

When where and how. The three biggest questions I get asked.

Have you ever used solunar tables?
Try coinciding a sunset and incoming or low tide with an "excellent" solunar time and you should have a better chance.

There is an excellent solunar at 730pm on wednesday night.

If you read the Mulloway 2 article on the sportfishworld site you can see everything I know about fishing for them in PH.
I intend to write some more stuff soon so keep an eye on the site

Welcome to the forum.
Keep us posted on your results

kiro

solunar tables

Post by kiro » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:41 pm

thanks for your reply, where can we find solunar tables and when reading them do you coincide them with tide heights. why do you go by these tables and dammit were working on wednesday night....lol

Mullaking

Post by Mullaking » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:03 pm

Sorry I should have been more specific. Solunar tables are also known as the Anglers Almanac and you can get one from most newsagents or any tackle shop.

I try to coincide the solunar times with an incoming tide but this doesnt always tie in with my work either.

This weeks "excellent" feeding times start at 540 tomorrow arvo and approximately 45mins later each day. They last for about two hours but I have found the first hour to be the most productive.

I will be going out in the harbour on wed and fri this week and the weekend will be chasing Barra at 12 mile.

I will create a topic called Fishing reports and post the results of my efforts there so feel free to let us know how you go too.

Hope this helps
Shane

Buddah

Newman fishers Inc

Post by Buddah » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:51 pm

How do I join?

Got a lot of mates that would love a bit of Newman/Hedland rivalry. Will be in Hedland on the arvo of the 13th of this month. Let me know how to contact you and I'll try to catch up for a beer and to get some locl advice on getting my first Barra. I hear they've just started chewing again.

Buddah

Mullaking

Post by Mullaking » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:30 am

Howdy Buddah,
Welcome to the forum. Joining is easy. Just click on the register icon at the top of the forum page and fill in your details.
We welcome any new members.
As for competition and rivalry anything that creates more time on the water is a good thing to me. Were always open to ideas.
You may have read that I am out of action with broken wrists at the moment so if you want to catch up for a beer I should be able to accommodate but fishing is out of the question for a few more weeks.
For some local fishing tips visit the Sportfishworld PH website and check out my articles. The local Barra season is just kicking off with a few reports of fish showing up in the rivers. I was taken to a secret spot last week while everyone else was at work but only as a tourist. The total for the day consisted of 8 catfish and one small cod.
When water temps start hitting the 30 mark things should really fire up.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Return to “FISHING IN PORT HEDLAND, PILBARA, WESTERN AUSTRALIA”