latest news etc.

Fishing the Esperance region in the south eastern corner of Western Australia. Latest Beach Fishing and Boat Fishing reports from local correspondent Russell Stone. Bream, Mulloway, Snapper, Salmon, Groper...

Moderator: rusty

rusty
Forum MODERATOR Fishing in Esperance

latest news etc.

Post by rusty » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:50 am

Well its good to see the site fixed again spammers etc the scourge of the net aye, i have not been out in the boat lateley as the beach fishing has been really good and mostley the weather has been shite for boating, also the business has licked up a notch or three and now we have a motor dealers licence and are selling scooters and motorbikes and also quads its been to busy, i also am in the process of owner building a new house so more time taken up, anyways enough of the whining as the dragon would say.
I went out east of town before xmas and loaded up a new wilson ron with a new pen 850ss reel and suceeded as much as i hate to admit it i never banged the rod puipe in hard enough and lost the lot on a big bitie, this happed in late decmber, went back a couple of weeks ago and found the rod and reel wahsed up about 2 kms from where i lost it, the reel is trashed and will now serve as a spare patrs for my other 2 penns but the rod was ofk apart from some slime on the butt so pretty lucky of what.
went out east again weekend before last and caught a couple of pinkies off the shaore and couple of gummies well but was very quiete apart from that, the local boat bluewater classic is on next weekend so will get some pics and post from that
I live with fear sometimes she lets me go fishing!!!!!!!!

rusty
Forum MODERATOR Fishing in Esperance

PINKIE PICS

Post by rusty » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:54 am

SOME SNAPPER PICS
Attachments
hooked up at bronzie on a stinga.jpg
hooked up at bronzie on a stinga.jpg (44.22 KiB) Viewed 4875 times
my 1 st snapper late arvo.jpg
my 1 st snapper late arvo.jpg (73.88 KiB) Viewed 4875 times
another late arvo snapper.jpg
another late arvo snapper.jpg (63.65 KiB) Viewed 4875 times
I live with fear sometimes she lets me go fishing!!!!!!!!

woody

Post by woody » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:31 am

Good work on the pinks Russ.....makes it extra special ctaching them off the beach I reckon.
Spewing about the lost rod and reel....must have been a pretty quiet spot or pure luck to find it 2 months later mate.....lucky to salvage the rod at least.

I had similiar thing happen to me at Israelite with a pinky...pulled my rod over while I was having a leak...managed to save it though before it went in the drink.....bloody braid ....has no give!!

Return to “FISHING IN ESPERANCE, WESTERN AUSTRALIA”